Public Records Request

The Washington State Public Records Act, RCW 42.56, supports the public’s right to be informed about what their government is doing. A public record is existing information contained in writing, data, or other type of records.

The law requires that the public records requested are “identifiable.” A public records request must include enough specific description so the district can locate the record being requested.  For example, if you are requesting the district budget, be sure to state for which year you want the budget and if you want the entire document or a summary.

The law lists certain public records that do not have to be disclosed.  These exemptions are intended to prevent unreasonable invasions of personal privacy or the use of public records for personal or commercial gain.  If certain information contained in a document is exempt, it will be redacted (blacked out) from the document, but you will still be provided a copy of the document.

While the District makes every effort to respond to all inquiries, it should be noted that general questions are not public disclosure requests. Public disclosure requests apply to existing documents.

To submit a request, complete the Public Records Request Form.

Completed forms may be delivered, mailed, faxed or email it to:

Longview School District No. 122
Superintendent’s Office
2715 Lilac St
Longview, WA 98632

Fax: 360.575.7022

The law requires that within five (5) business days from receiving the request, the public agency will

  1. provide you the records requested; or
  2. provide a reasonable estimate of when the records will be available when the records are not readily available because of (1) the time necessary to gather them, (2) determine whether they are exempt, (3) redact any exempt information, (4) contact people or other entities to let them know the information is being released, and/or (5) to gain clarification of the request; or
  3. deny the request and give the legal reason for the denial.

If the District does not respond in writing within five business days of receipt of the request for disclosure, the requester should contact the Public Records Officer at 360-575-7016  to determine the reason for the failure to respond.

Records can be inspected for no fee at the Administration Building located at 2715 Lilac Street, or reproduced for the cost of $.15 a sheet or the cost of the CD or other media it on which it is reproduced, plus any postage. The District will calculate the costs notify requester before reproducing the record. Costs less than $15.00 per requester will be waived.

Student Records and Transcripts

Former students under the age of 20 may contact the school most recently attended for school records.

Former students over the age of 20 and/or have graduated more than two years ago may request their school records by completing the Student Records Request Form.


The completed form may be delivered, mailed, faxed or emailed to:

Longview School District No. 122
Business Office – Records
2715 Lilac St
Longview, WA 98632

Fax: 360.575.7174

Office hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 12:30pm and 1pm – 2:30pm

There is no fee for transcripts.  Requests take 24 hours to process.

Former students may provide a written authorization to have another individual pick up student records.


Immunization Records

  • These records are returned when the student graduates and the school district is no longer responsible for the information.
  • If the student transfers to another school before graduation, the information is sent to the new school.

SAT Records

  • These records are included with student transcripts.