Who we are
1410 8th Ave
Longview, WA 98632
What we do
Longview Public Schools is committed to ensuring that every student learns the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful.
By providing services directly for children birth through preschool and working collaboratively with community preschool partners, the district provides incoming students additional educational opportunities to enhance school success.
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) requires all states to locate, identify and evaluated all children birth through 21 who are in need of early intervention or special education services. Longview School District locates, evaluates, and serves children with cognitive, motor, social, behavior, speech, language, hearing or vision needs. If you know a child who may have a need in one or more of these areas or if you would like more information about our services, please contact:
Birth to age 3: Progress Center; 360.425.9810
Ages 3 to 5: Broadway Learning Center; 360.575.7429
Kindergarten through age 21: Longview School District Special Services; 360.575.7008
Longview Early Education Program (LEEP) partners come together monthly throughout the school year to align instructional practices, and create successful outcomes for students as well as the community as a whole. Community partners are:
- Broadway Learning Center
- Calvary Community Preschool
- Kids Ranch
- Kid’s World
- LCC East Head Start
- LCC Head Start ECEAP Memorial Park Drive Center
- LCC Home and Family Life Early Learning Center
- Lil Red Barn Academy
- Polly’s Tender Loving Daycare and Preschool
- Rose Valley Friends Church Childcare
- Smart Start Early Learning Center
- Sonshine Preschool
- St. Rose Preschool
- Three Rivers Elementary and Early Learning Center
- Three Rivers Early Learning Center at the Ridge
- Wee Care Day Care – Longview
- Wee Care Day Care – Kelso
- Wee Care Day Care – Catlin
Learning begins at birth as children develop the skills they need to be successful readers later in life.
Read and Grow is a weekly playgroup for Longview School District families with children from birth to five years old. Playgroup is a fun way for parents and caregivers to practice school readiness with their child.
2018-2019 groups meet:
- Kessler Elementary – Tuesdays, 10-11:30am
- Mint Valley Elementary – Thursdays, 10:11:30am
Check the Read and Grow Facebook page for specific dates.