At their regular meeting on June 22, 2020, the Board of Directors of the Longview School District:
- Approved the consent agenda which contained the June 8, 2020 regular meeting minutes, the personnel report, contracts, and warrants.
- Heard a recommendation from the Superintendent to postpone discussion about the annual superintendent goals to the board’s August retreat. The review of goals usually centers on student academic achievement, but state testing was suspended this year due to COVID-19. Dr. Zorn recommended the goals be future focused, given the circumstances.
- Heard a report on the reconstitution of the Equity Task Force, which will be lead by Dr. Elizabeth West and expanded to include stakeholders from diverse racial backgrounds. Focus groups will be formed as well.
- Heard a verbal report about the status of the summer PRAM (maintenance) projects by Facilities Manager Jason Reetz. Reetz reported the COVID-19 pandemic has slowed work down slightly, but overall, much of the planned work will be done by the end of summer.
- Heard a report about the school re-opening efforts and the new re-opening guidelines schools will be required to follow.
- Referred the Board Agenda Calendar discussion to the board retreat in August.
- Approved the LEA and LCPEA two year contracts.
- Held an executive session related to the superintendent’s performance evaluation.
Next board meeting is July 13, at 6:30 p.m.