At their July 27, 2020 regular meeting, the Board of Directors of the Longview School District:
- Welcomed over 180 people joining the remote ZOOM meeting.
- Approved the consent agenda which contained the July 13, 2020 regular meeting minutes, the personnel report, contracts and personal service agreements, the Cafe paper supplies bid, produce bid, baker bid and dairy bids, and approved the warrants.
- Thanked LEA Union Representative Ray Clift for his six years of service as a union representative and for his almost 30 years of service to the Longview School District. Dr. Zorn and board members expressed their appreciation and gratitude for Ray’s leadership.
- Approved Procedure 3210 Nondiscrimination (students) in a first reading. The procedure was changed to include language about service animals in schools.
- Conducted a first reading on Policy and Procedure 5010 Nondiscrimination and Affirmative Action. The board will hold a second reading on August 10.
- Heard a report on school reopening efforts and received public comment from parents, citizens and employees.
- Scheduled a board work session on Friday, July 31, at 4:00 p.m.
- Heard a budget status report for the month of June.
Next board meeting is scheduled for July 31, 2020 , at 4:00 p.m.