At its regular November 25 meeting, the Longview School Board of Directors-
- Listened to the superintendent’s report including celebration of R.A. Long’s slow-pitch softball team’s WIAA 2A academic championship. Recognized Linda Hahn for being the first para-educator in the State of Washington to earn a para-educator certificate.
- Passed Resolution 775, which certified the 2020 levy.
- Voted to pass a replacement educational programs and operations levy for a February 2020 vote. The district will ask the community to approve a 4-year levy to raise funds to help cover the cost of existing services not covered by state funds as follows: $13,790,705 in 2021; $14,496,559 in 2022; $15,235,033 in 2023; and $16,007,613 in 2024.
- Listened to a 2018-19 year-end financial report. Budget revenue and expenditure projections aligned closely with actual revenues and expenditures.
- Heard various informational items and sub-committee reports including comments about the valuable training received by board members at the annual WSSDA conference held in Bellevue last week.
- Announced the swearing in ceremony for school board members will take place December 9, 2020, at 6:00 p.m.