At its regular October 28 meeting, the Longview School Board of Directors-
- Heard the superintendent’s report, including recognizing 2019-20 Teacher of the Year nominees Andrea Feller and Jessica Person, who each received an award by ESD112.
- A citizen voiced concern about the depth of information given to parents about the threat incident that occurred at Cascade Middle School last week.
- Listened to a report about the 2019 Summer School.
- Reviewed the annual state assessment data, which show reading scores are growing at a faster rate than the state. Math results are improving slightly. Cohort data shows significant improvement over a five year period in comparison to the state.
- Reviewed and approved the updated Hazard Mitigation Plan, which will be forwarded to Cowlitz County Department of Emergency Management.
- Conducted a second reading and approved Procedure 3413 regarding Student Immunization and Life Threatening Conditions.
- Changed the date and location of the next regular board meeting to November 13, 2019, beginning at 6:30 p.m., in the Business Office Conference Room.
- Heard various informational items and sub-committee reports.