At its regular October 14 meeting, the Longview School Board of Directors-
- Heard about two Star Polishers. Alejandra Chavez, a student at Monticello Middle Schools, say Mrs. Benedict is her Star Polisher. Alejandra said, “She made a difference in my life this year by always being there for me, she never gave up on me. She always pushed me to be better and to persevere. Her class is the highlight to my day.”
- Celina Pedraza, a student at Cascade Middle School, says Mrs. McLean is her Star Polisher. Celina said, “She is a great teacher.”
- Listened to a report about student demographics.
- Approved the Highly Capable Program application.
- Approved revisions to Procedure 1240 concerning board committees and sub-committees.
- Approved revisions to Policy 3413 regarding student immunizations. Planned a second reading on the accompanying immunization procedure on October 28.
- Approved revisions to the board agenda calendar.
- Appointed Directors Jennifer Leach and Don Wiitala to the newly formed policy board subcommittee.
- Heard various board subcommittee reports.
Next meeting is October 28, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.