At their July 8, 2019, regular meeting, the Board of Directors:
- Heard about two Star Polishers. R.A. Long student Jasmine Williamdyke says Mrs. Reeves is her Star Polisher. Jasmine said, “She pushes me no matter what. If I needed help she would help me or stay late. Mrs. Reeves believes in me.”
- Mark Morris student Rachelle Noel says Mrs. Forslund is her Star Polisher. Rachelle said, “Mrs. Forslund, and all my teachers really, try to help me become the best me possible.”
- Recognized Ron Kramer, Director of Human Resources, for his service to the district.
- Listened to requests to address the board including questions about the composition of the seven-member Exempt Team employee group and the total cost of that group’s cost of living increases for a three-year period.
- Heard a first reading on Policy 3122 regarding Excused and Unexcused Absences.
- Heard a first reading on Procedure 3122 regarding Excused and Unexcused Absences.
- Received a preliminary 2019-2020 budget update.
- Heard a board subcommittee report on Communication Department efforts.