Example illustration, not actual rendering.
Replacement of Northlake Elementary School is estimated to be $45.2 million. This includes:
- Complete replacement of existing school.
- Expand capacity to serve 540 students; Northlake currently serves 330 students.
- Incorporate the state mandated special education preschool program into the design to serve 100 students at a time.
- Students on the east side of Longview would be able to attend school closer to their own neighborhoods
- Modern safety and security features built into the design.
- New technology built into the classrooms/building.
- Eliminate the use of portables.
Read more about capital bond projects here.
Read more about the bond planning process here.