At its regular January 28 meeting, the Longview School Board of Directors-
- Heard student feedback from the Star Polisher program. Discovery High School student Phoebe Robeson says Mrs. Bergquist is her Star Polisher. Phoebe said, “Mrs. Bergquist is kind, funny and NOT boring when she teaches. It is a joy to be in her class.” Ana Maria Sanchez Matias, a student at Mark Morris High School, said about Mr. Rhuter, “He makes me feel like I have a purpose in life.”
- Heard a report on staff professional development from Curriculum Director Ann Valanzuolo.
- Approved Policy & Procedure 2320 regarding Field Trips and Excursions.
- Suspended policy 6607 concerning High School activity as it’s been replace by policy 2320.
- Set special meetings for capital facility bond planning.
- Adopted budget parameters for the 2019-2020 school year.
Heard various informational and board sub-committee reports.