Longview Public Schools and Longview Education Association (LEA) worked together to revise the 2018-19 school calendar.
The Longview Public Schools board approved the revised school calendar for 2018-19 to adjust for eight classroom days missed due to recently concluded labor negotiations.
The goal of the revised calendar was to maintain the high school graduation date of June 8, 2019 and finish the school year as close as possible to the original end date of June 13, 2019.
The revised school year calendar allows the high school graduation date to remain the same – June 8, 2019. The new last day of school is planned for June 14, 2019.
- Classes started on September 11, 2018.
- School will be in session October 12, originally scheduled as a non-school day for state in-service.
- Moved fall conferences later one week, due to late start. Conferences will be November 7-9 instead of October 31 and November 1-2.
- Shortened Winter break by making January 2-4 school days, originally planned as non-school days for break.
- Made February 15, 2019 a school day, originally scheduled as a non-school day for weather make-up.
- Moved spring conferences later one week, due to late start. Conferences will now be March 14-15 instead of March 7-8.
- Changed March 15, 2019 to a school day, originally planned as a non-school day for weather make-up.
- Made May 3, 2019 a school day, originally planned as a non-school day for weather make-up.
- Established June 14, 2019 as the last school day, originally the school year ended on June 13.
- Three weather make-up days may be added June 17-19, if necessary.