Mark Morris evacuation information

A precautionary evacuation of Mark Morris was lifted at approximately 8:40 this morning after an extensive inspection of the building due to the smell of natural gas.

One of the outlets in a science room had not been previously completely turned off, and it was discovered at approximately 5:30 a.m. by a custodian.

Although the room and the adjacent classrooms were opened and cleared, the smell dissipated through the building. As a precaution, the school was evacuated at approximately 7:40 a.m. prior to school beginning, and fire department and natural gas personnel analyzed the air throughout the building.

No hazardous airborne chemicals were detected at approximately 8:15, but a room-by-room check was conducted by school personnel prior to the students being readmitted. Classes are resuming normally throughout the building.

2018-02-08T16:56:57+00:00February 8th, 2018|
Translate ยป