The four-year Replacement Capital Projects and Technology Levy would provide additional money for maintenance and improvement of district buildings, facilities and fields. It would eliminate the need to use $500,000 out of the general fund for this purpose. Of the annual $3 million request, $2.25 million is expected to support facilities upkeep and improvements. It also would enable the district to keep its teaching and learning technology up-to-date.
The current levy provides for:
- Student and teacher computers, and educational technology on a school-by-school basis
- Replacement school intercom systems that provide essential communications
- Safety and security upgrades
- Roof replacements
- Boiler repairs and replacements
- Concrete repairs
- Electricity and lighting upgrades for energy efficiency
- Grounds maintenance and improvements
- Athletic field maintenance and upgrades
To find out more about the two levies on the Feb. 13 ballot, please visit our Replacement Levies Information Hub.